Why we like it
- Every room has its own private terrace
- Nayara Alto Atacama nestles in a valley of serene beauty, in the shadow of the Pukará de Quitor ruins and with the San Pedro River winding its way alongside
- The chef prepares cuisine based on classic Mediterranean and Chilean recipes with a dash of native flavour
- The Puri Spa uses water from glacial snow and aromatic herbs to create serenely relaxing and rejuvenating treatments
- Six outdoor pools overlook the beautiful Catarpe Valley and its red mountains
About Nayara Alto Atacama
Nayara Alto Atacama is a stunning work of architecture set against a backdrop of unique topography, awe inspiring natural beauty, and rich cultural heritage. The hotel's architectural lines follow the naturally undulating terrain but also mirror the angular geometry of the surrounding cliffs. Colours match the soil of Atacama whilst the native wood of Coligue covers the roofs, creating beautiful displays of light and shadow.
Inside, the atmospheric design continues, exemplified by the choice of furnishings - old Aguayos tapestries of the Altiplano, lamps made of Brea, sculptures and weavings made by local artisans. Local iconography decorates the walls and antique hand crafted doors have been converted into tables.
The superb design continues in Nayara Alto Atacama's 42 rooms. All are spacious, comfortable, and conducive to a good night's sleep after an action-packed day. The decoration is rustic yet elegant, with local crafts adding warmth and character.
While staying at Nayara Alto Atacama, A&K can exclusively take you into the middle of the mighty Atacama Desert where you will dine alfresco to the sounds of a crackling fire, in true glamping style. You will find yourself fine Chilean wine in hand with some delicious food created by the Nayara Alto Atacama team filling your stomachs - then time to curl up in soft blankets and watch the twinkling star filled sky.
With a personal guide to teach you your ‘supernovae’ from your ‘white dwarfs’ and a whole evening to make a year full of wishes under shooting stars, we are not sure if you are going to want to go to sleep. But if you do, we have that sorted in a magical tented. Call and speak with a travel specialist to find out more.