Why we like it
- The hotel has 30 comfortable rooms, all of them designed to maximize silence and privacy
- Posada de Mike Rapu is located on mythical Easter Island, known locally as Rapa Nui, and overlooking the magnificent Pacific Ocean
- The spa, Hare Taheta, offers a range of massages
- The hotel has an open area with swimming pool, solar-heated Jacuzzi and bar
- Other facilities include a shop and sun terraces. Five daily excursions are tailored according to climatic conditions, guests' preferences, length and difficulty
About Explora Rapa Nui's Posada de Mike Rapu
Located on top of a hill overlooking the ocean and a few miles from Hanga Roa - the only town on the island - Mike Rapu serves as an excellent base for exploring this attractive and mysterious island.
In terms of design, the hotel has been shaped to fit with the landscapes around it. Volcanic rock, native to the island and always used by the island's inhabitants in construction, and wood from the mainland are the principal materials. The roofs are covered with red-brown clay slates, the same color as the surrounding hills.
All of the 30 rooms, which extend to the north and south from a central building, have excellent ocean views. Each room has a small living area, hydromassage bath and beds designed for deep, pleasurable sleep after a day of exploration. All are lined in beautifully worked wood paneling, whilst the floors are in earth-colored concrete.
Overall, the design is intended to have minimal impact on its surroundings. The lodge is built on a site which is inappropriate for agricultural use and has no archaeological remains. The flora surrounding the lodge has been maintained intact.