Why we like it
- Set high on a rocky cliff overlooking Lake Villarrica
- Each room or chalet boasts a log fireplace for the cooler evenings
- Vibrant and modern architecture with giant windows overlooking the lake
- All the linen and rugs are hand made by the local community
- Indulge yourself at the Spa, uniquely carved into the natural rock
Experience the magic of the Antumalal, this charming and elegant hotel is a hidden gem in the Chilean countryside. Meaning "Corral of the Sun" in the Mapundungun language, The Antumalal Hotel fits harmoniously with its setting. Being family owned personal attention to detail is exceptional and you will always receive a warm welcome.
All of the 19 rooms including 13 rooms, three suites and three chalets have beautiful views of the lake and dramatic sunsets, except the Forest chalet that is deep in the heart of the woods. With well maintained gardens there are plenty of idyllic tranquil spots: beaches, lookouts, piers and manicured lawns. Menus are prepared with the freshest local ingredients, including seasonal organic produce that is harvested daily from the vegetable garden and greenhouse. After dinner retire to the cosy bar complete with quirky 1950's furniture for a much deserved night cap.