Why we like it
- Every room affords stunning Views of the Lake or Osorno volcano
- The Hotel Cumbres Puerto Varas is located right on Lake Llanquihue, one of the principal lakes in this region and close to the alpine-style town of Puerto Varas
- The restaurant serves excellent local cuisine
- A lovely spa offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments
- The hotel has a pool on the top floor
About Cumbres Puerto Varas
From its elevated position on the shore of Lake Llanquihue, this hotel affords superb views. In fact, in each room, the placement of windows has been carefully considered to ensure they all make the most of the vistas beyond. Make no mistake, although this hotel is beautifully put together and the service is impeccable, both play second fiddle to the surrounding.
In terms of architecture, Cumbres Puerto Varass is unashamedly alpine, with the exterior dominated by steeply pitched roofs and wood cladding. Inside, the public areas continue the theme, particularly the main lounge area with its wood panelling, roaring fire and exposed, rough stone detailing.
The rooms and suites offer something of a departure from the alpine theme - though touches of native wood are still in evidence here and there. Overall, they are slick and contemporary, decorated in muted, off-white tones and equipped with huge, comfortable beds. All have large windows to maximise the view, and let the Patagonian light flood in.