Why we like it
- Patagonia Camp is the first luxury tented camp in South America
- Set amid the breath-taking landscape of Patagonia, close to Torres del Paine National Park, Patagonia
- Young Chilean chef, Ludolf Lausen, creates superb gourmet food from fresh local ingredients
- Other facilities include a bar, laundry service and bicycles, whilst activities include trekking, fishing, swimming, kayaking, rafting, horse-riding and a wealth of excursions into the park and to local estancias
- Patagonia Camp is not recommended for children under the age of four
About Patagonia Camp
Patagonia Camp is luxury tented accommodation at its finest - and with breath taking views across a turquoise lake to the rugged Cuernos de Paine. This original and distinctive concept combines a careful eye for detail with warm hospitality and a great level of comfort.
The Camp designed to minimise its impact on the environment and to create a visual and structural harmony with the landscapes of the area. The entire complex is built on wooden stilts and platforms, including the yurt style tents, and communal areas. Wooden walkways connect the complex in order to protect the plants, bushes and trees that have grown in the area for hundreds of years, as well as the dozens of bird species that rely on them.
The yurts are superb. Spacious and airy, yet cosy, they are lined with white fabric overlaid with wooden lattice work and decorated with local weavings. The furniture is handmade, whilst the beds are super-comfortable and strategically positioned to make the most of the view. Every yurt has a terrace with seats and a slate bathroom in an adjoining hut.