Why we like it
- Located in the ancient centre of Quito
- Rooftop terrace views offer a stunning view of the city
- One of the safest areas of the city
- Amazing breakfast provided - available as room service
- Afternoon tea is a mix of Local and European delicacies
About Casa Gangotena
Spanish chroniclers told of grand Inca palaces built around the Plaza San Francisco in Quito's historic quarter. This part of the city was once a huge marketplace where Andeans and Amazonians traded their wares and has recently taken on a new lease of life. The beautifully restored colonial mansion Casa Gangotena has prime position overlooking the square and will open its doors mid 2011 as a chic 31 room hotel. Its sophisticated, contemporary interior embraces the building's many original features and the garden is ablaze with orchids, flowers and ornamental plants. The hotel's rooftop terrace affords wonderful panoramic views across the spires and towers of Quito's Old Town to Panecillo Hill.