Why we like it
- Hidden away deep in the heart of the Galapagos highlands is a pioneering project in Latin America
- This Luxury tented camp emulates the African safari tradition and guests enjoy total comfort under canvas while experiencing nature in its purest form
- The Galapagos Safari Camp borders the National Park in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island and is close to the giant tortoise reserve
- The nine spacious tents are constructed on wooden platforms and all have a large balcony with a hammock and ensuite bathroom with hot power showers
- Beautiful central lodge perched on the hill with panoramic views from its spacious veranda
About Galapagos Safari Camp
The nine luxury tents are located below the main lodge. Erected on wooden platforms, they are composed of three layers: one to protect against the sun, another against the rain and an inner canvas shell. Inside they are spacious (27m2), and their custom-made furniture was designed with comfort, practicality and elegance in mind. Twin beds can be joined to become one queen bed; and there are cupboards, a writing desk and a fan/heater for temperature control. A sofa bed can be added for children under 12. The en suite bathrooms are tastefully designed with hot power showers and flush toilets. All the tents have a large balcony with a hammock and chairs from which to take in the wonderful view.
Galapagos Safari Campalso offers a three-bedroom suite as an alternative to our luxury tents. Its location next to the main lodge makes it an ideal option for families who favour more private lodging. The three bedroom suite sleeps six comfortably with a king bedded master bedroom and two additional twin bedded rooms, each with their own bathroom. The three bedrooms are interconnected but can also be accessed via their own private doors from the exterior porch. The master bath has a deep soaking tub, double sinks, separate shower and separate toilet.
Additional amenities of the Suite at Galapagos Safari Camp include an enormous wraparound terrace with the most amazing views found anywhere on the property and a downstairs family/play room stocked with children's toys, books and games. The villa is located directly adjacent to the main lodge building and is ideal for families of up to 6 looking for their own space, or for families travelling with younger children who are uneasy about the separation between the tents. Meals are still provided in the main lodge building, but if requested, special family dinners can be enjoyed on the suite's balcony.