Why we like it
- This unique Andean retreat enjoys spectacular plunging views of Colca Canyon
- Revitalise with an exclusive treatment at Samay Spa, inspired by the healing energy of the rocks
- Enjoy refreshing cocktails prepared with homegrown herbs and fruits from the property’s own bio-garden
- Unwind in the beautiful free-form pool whilst soaking up the views
- Visit the small farm located on the property to see llamas and baby alpacas
About Las Casitas, A Belmond Hotel, Colca Canyon
Set among the beautiful and peaceful surroundings of Peru’s Colca Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the world, this collection of luxurious casitas offer the ultimate Andean escape. Decorated in local furnishings, they blend effortlessly with the natural environment, offering a rare opportunity to experience the traditional beauty of Peru.
All casitas feature a private terrace with a heated plunge pool, perfect for relaxing and soaking up the magnificent views. Take a walk through the hotel’s extensive vegetable garden, with five natural greenhouses and a prickly pear orchard - it’s a delight for gardeners and food lovers alike. True foodies can discover the secret of Peruvian cuisine with cookery lessons from the hotel’s expert chefs.
Covering 14 hectares of Colca Canyon, there are plenty of walks and treks within the hotel grounds. The more adventurous can venture further into the canyon accompanied by the hotel’s own horses.
Bird watchers and enthusiasts will want to keep a keen eye on the skies around Colca Canyon. Rise early at dawn and enjoy the sight of impressive and rare bird species riding the warm air currents. You can get up close to other creatures too. Feed alpacas at the property’s on-site farm and learn about traditional Peruvian farming techniques.