Why we like it
- Set on the banks of the Urubamba River in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Take a tour with the hotel's head gardener to learn about the unique flora and fauna in the area
- Indulge in traditional treatments in the Spa May Wilka
- Activities on offer include a shaman ceremony, horseriding and rafting
- Excellent base for exploring Mach Picchu
About Rio Sagrado, A Belmond Hotel, Sacred Valley
Rio Sagrado, A Belmond Hotel enjoys a privileged location overlooking the Urubamba River in the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. With ten deluxe terrace rooms and eleven junior suites with riverfront terraces. Two large villas with three bedrooms are the perfect retreat for a family or group of friends travelling together. The accommodation is spread out over the grounds and are decorated with warm hues and natural materials of rock and wood. Dining is sophisticated at the El Huerto Restaurant serving Peruvian cuisine, El Bar del Huerto over looks the Urubamba River and is the perfect place to savour a cocktail on the outside terrace shaded by capuli trees, El Jardin uses the best locally sourced ingredients and is the ideal spot to have a light lunch by the river.