Why we like it
- 12 of the 29 rooms and suites have mountain views, some from private terraces
- Enjoys an exclusive location, nestled adjacent to the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu Inca citadel
- The intimate Tampu Restaurant serves international cuisine and Andean specialities using fresh, local ingredients
- Spa services include Inca or aromatherapy massages and complimentary yoga sessions
- Other facilities include bars and terraces, beautiful gardens and, of course, an array of tours and excursions to Machu Picchu (as well as some of the area's lesser known sights)
About Sanctuary Lodge, A Belmond Hotel, Machu Picchu
This Belmond hotel stands amidst a place rich in ancient heritage, renowned spirituality and incredible natural beauty. It is the ideal base from which to explore the archaeological wonders, spot rare species of birds and flowers (especially orchids of which there are an estimated 300 species in the area) or unwind and enjoy breath-taking scenery from the lodge's garden.
An intimate hotel, it has fewer than 30 rooms and only two suites, so we recommend requesting this hotel well in advance. All are simply, yet stylishly furnished, with large comfortable beds dressed with warm duvets.
Pleasant as they are, however, the rooms (and everything else) play second fiddle to the location. No other hotel stands as close to the Inca citadel or offers such jaw-dropping views.