Why we like it
- Some suites and villas have private terraces with plunge pools
- Inkaterra Machu Picchu is located in a five-hectare cloud forest garden alongside the Vilcanota River and on the edge of the village of Aguas Calientes
- A first-class restaurant boasts stunning views of the rushing Vilcanota River from an outdoor terrace
- The hotel's UNU Spa is one of a kind, offering treatments based on a combination of classical options with a mystical Andean approach
- Other facilities include Café Inkaterra, a bar and gift shop
About Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo
Located just a short shuttle ride from the entrance to Machu Picchu, the lodge serves as an excellent base from which to explore. Skilled artisans built the 85-room hotel using stone, adobe stucco and eucalyptus beams to create a delightful Andean village ambience.
Rooms are large, well equipped and located in one or two-storey whitewashed cottages, reached via stone pathways weaving their way through the tropical gardens. All the rooms and villas feature thick alpaca blankets and handmade wool coverlets, crackling fireplaces and comfortable spaces for sitting and dining, as well as spa-style bathrooms.
This hotel creates an authentic Andean ambience and offers a rare slice of barefoot luxury in this ancient location.