Why we like it
- Located just outside of Aguas Calientes, within the Machu Picchu historical sanctuary
- Excite your palate with Sumaq’s creative fusion food which offer a modern twist on the traditional Peruvian dishes
- After stimulating your mind in the ancient city take some time to rejuvenate your body in the spa with treatments based on traditional Inca methods
- Friendly staff are the heart of this hotel; warmth, welcome, and pride really stand out here
- We love the Junior Suites with views of the Urubamba River from your balcony and hydro massage tubs
About Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel
A real passion to combine the beautifully colourful traditions of Peruvian life with a modern twist created this superb hotel. From the minute you arrive, to the moment you depart, you are surrounded by pride and creativity that help Sumaq stand out above the rest. Throughout the hotel you’ll find warm and earthy shades with splashes of colour that fit with local design traditions. Each room is a calm, natural haven with vibrant furnishings that will remind you of the brilliant local markets. All the rooms feel close to nature with the mountain as a backdrop and the rushing Urubamba River in front of the hotel. For a peaceful night’s sleep the sound-proof windows can be closed for total tranquillity. Add to this the hotel’s involvement with local communities and a wide array of activities on offer and you will leave feeling rewarded.