Why we like it
- Lima's first arts-boutique hotel, renovated from a colonial mansion and reflecting the glamour of the 1920s.
- Ideally located in the heart of a bohemian revival neighbourhood, housing a unique collection of its own.
- Aims to offer a feeling of restored 'Grand Dame' integrating vintage and designer furniture with soft colours, grand windows and tall ceilings.
- The Living Room, Library and Terrace offer the calm space that is so often essential, yet missing, in city centre hotels.
- Enjoy a traditional 'lonche' in the evening in El Comedor Restaurant. El 'lonche' developed in the early republican days. Society would gather at the end of the day to play, drink and converse while exchanging their secret recipes. The gathering became important within the political, social and culinary circles; the excuse was to enjoy exquisite nibbles. A variety of fresh herbs and infusions, coffee or hot chocolate served with open sandwiches, fresh fruit cuts and typical Lima biscuits.
About Hotel B
Located in the heart of Barranco, Lima's bohemian art district, and surrounded by galleries and fashion boutiques, is one of Lima's newest and most elegant hotels, Hotel B. Branching away from the usual high-rise 'business' hotel on offer in Lima, Hotel B is a very welcome new style of hotel in the city aiming to cater for clientele wanting luxury and excellent service whilst also gaining an insight into both Lima's past opulence and up-and-coming future. Originally designed by the French architect Claude Sahut (designer of Lima's Government Palace), this pristine example of a Belle Epoque mansion has been lovingly brought back to life 'with a cheeky twist' of designer furniture, to proudly offer 17 suites, El Comedor Restaurant, living room and a library housing a fine collection of Peruvian maps, prints and books. A highlight is the roof-top lounge serving excellent evening cocktails and views over the roof-tops to the Pacific Ocean.