Join royalty with a visit to the charming Scottish highland town of Braemar to watch the highland games. The Braemar Gathering dates back 900 years and continues to toss the caber. Stay in The Fife Arms where you can enjoy a warm welcome, five-star service and 14,000 pieces of art to enjoy from a Picasso to a watercolour penned by HM Queen Victoria. Enjoy the Braemar Gathering from the hotel’s private pavilion, with a chance to see the Queen who attends yearly. Once the festivities are over, explore the Glens with expert Ian Murray or go foraging for your lunch.
- The Fife Arms – A Braemar landmark with panoramic views of the Cairngorms National Park.
- Brush shoulders with the Queen at the annual Braemar Gathering where you can watch the locals toss the caber.
- Study the vast art collection at The Fife Arms from original pieces of Picasso to Lucian Freud paintings on a guided art tour with an Art Ambassador.
- Meet gallerist and hotel owner Ivan and Manuela Wirth.
- Explore the Glens with local writer and expert Ian Murray.
- Attend the Highland Games and take your seat in the private box of the Fife Arms.
- Forage for your own lunch with Natasha from the Fife Arms.
- Enjoy a stunning dinner at the Clunie restaurant at the Fife Arms, cooked by Swedish head chef Magnus Burstedt, surrounded by paintings by Bruegel and Gerhard Richter.