From a young age, I was exposed to the world of travel; having a father who is Dutch and mother who has worked in travel since she was 18, my childhood was filled with trips to Europe and playing travel agents with my brother and yes…I was always the travel agent! All contributing to my love and passion for the world of travel and all the world has to offer.
What's your favourite destination?
The Amalfi Coast in Italy, specifically Sorrento. Not only is the scenery simply beautiful, the people are so passionate, the food is delizioso and there is so much beauty and culture behind every corner.
Which destination is top of your bucket list, and why?
Such a difficult question, to which the answer changes more than the weather! I would have to go with the Deep South of the USA. From the black magic and Mardi Gras in New Orleans to Memphis the home of the Blues and delicious BBQ to Nashville the home of Country Music and Honky Tonkin on Lower Broadway! So much to do, so much to see and so much fun to be had!
How many languages do you speak?
One – English. Although I am half Dutch!
Which five items do you always pack when travelling?
- An Open Mind – let curiosity be your travel sidekick and you will never run out of things to see, learn and experience!
- Local Guide Book – specifically, where to eat! Always try to eat at the more local restaurants for the outcome will be far more delicious!
- Bikini – For when you aren’t off exploring and want to catch some rays!
- Small Amount of Local Currency – Not everywhere accepts cards and it would be a shame to miss out on that delicious ice cream for lack of a peso!
- Hand Sanitiser – can you ever be too clean?!
What's your top travel tip?
Remember to be present, stop to appreciate your surroundings to really absorb what you are seeing, take a mental snapshot of what you are seeing and how you’re feeling at that particular moment, rather than focusing on getting that perfect Instagram!