Why we like it
- Contemporary B&B accommodation in the beautiful village of Apollo Bay
- Within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and the golden sand beach
- Just 11 apartments and suites, many with their own courtyard garden
- The charming hosts, Duncan and Anne, are always on hand with top tips for enjoying the region
- Each morning enjoy a delicious home-cooked breakfast
About Captains at the Bay
In the small town of Apollo Bay, lovingly nicknamed paradise by the sea, sits Captains by the Bay, a contemporary bed and breakfast ran by two incredibly friendly hosts. Duncan and Anne have succeeding in creating a blissful cocoon of comfort, peace and privacy just minutes from the sandy shoreline. The lodge caters for just 11 couples at any one time. The Captains Cottage is situated slightly away from the main house and benefits from a double shower, open pebble fire and private courtyard. The privacy of The Cottage is perfect for couples while families are best suited to the spacious Captains Loft with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large downstairs living area. For views, The Bridge room's private veranda overlooks the Otway Ranges. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property.
With so many places to explore in the bay, neither host will think twice before offering you invaluable advice on the region's activities, be it the best Otway's bush walk, where to sample the tastiest seafood in town or even which water sport you should to try out that day.