Why we like it
- All rooms have private patios overlooking the verdant jungle of the National Park
- Manatus Hotel is hidden amongst the trees on the banks of the Tortuguero National Park's principal canal
- The Ara Macaw a la carte restaurant offers a delightful Afro-Caribbean fusion menu
- In-room spa services include stone massage, manicure and pedicure, facials and hair treatment
- A beautiful outdoor pool is on the edge of the canal and surrounded by swaying palms
Manatus Hotel occupies a superb location on a lush, gentle hillside on the banks of the principle canal in the wonderful Tortuguero National Park. As such, it is ideally located as a base from which to explore the surrounding environment, which is rich in flora and fauna.
Guest rooms at Manatus are designed to inspire a sense of peace and comfort. All are stylishly decorated, with local artwork, polished wood floors, two four-poster queen beds hung with flowing canopies, fine bed linens and high, beamed ceilings. Luxurious touches like hand-painted porcelain sinks and murals add splashes of colour, whilst indoor and outdoor shower areas connect guests with the awesome surrounding nature. In addition, this is one of the few hotels in the area able to offer air-conditioning.