Why we like it
- Located in the Kandyan Hills, near to Victoria golf course
- Colonial in style with breath taking views
- Fine dining and impeccable service
- Only five beautifully appointed spacious suites complete with panoramic hill views
- Individually designed menus and meals to be eaten where and when you prefer
About Clingendael, Kandy
Situated on a hill, at an elevation of 80 metres, Clingendael has a 230-degree breath-taking view over the reservoir of the Victoria dam with the spectacular Knuckles mountain range as a backdrop. This large home is built in Dutch Sri Lankan style with materials dating back to 1782. Tastefully furnished by its present owners, Clingendael offers five large en suite and well-appointed bedrooms, with spacious wrap around verandas and colonnades, and a well-manicured garden with an infinity pool overlooking the mountains and lake. The nearby Victoria Golf Course, rated by Golf Digest USA as one the 100 most scenic golf courses in the world, is a par 73 international championship course and a must for any avid golfers. This hotel is full of charm and splendour of the colonial era and is a real gem in any Sri Lankan itinerary.