Why we like it
- 54 spacious, air-conditioned rooms and suites, each individually decorated
- Close to the Valley of the Kings
- Relaxed, intimate pool area with shaded Pavilion serving drinks and light snacks
- Oasis of greenery surrounded by the desert
- Activities include adventure trips in the desert on bicycles, horses, donkeys or camels
About Al Moudira
Set in a tranquil oasis, between the desert's edge and the fertile green fields of the West Bank of the Nile, Al Moudira is a hugely impressive boutique property. Creating the property was a three year labour of love for owner Zeina Aboukheir, and it shows. No stone has been left unturned in creating a masterpiece of authenticity, where domed roofs, soaring arches, columns, canopies and arabesques are amongst an array of features inspired by the palaces and villas of Egypt and the Middle East.
The hotel is surrounded by elegant, enclosed gardens with fountains, terraces and an abundance of wild flowers beyond.