Why we like it
- Hotel Astoria is in the heart of St. Petersburg opposite St Isaac's Cathedral and within walking distance to the Hermitage Museum
- Art Deco throughout, many of the rooms and suites offer views over St Isaac's Square
- The Astoria Café is considered one of the best restaurants in town - and the lavish breakfast served there each morning is to die for.
- The SPA Decleor offers aromatherapy, massage, body wraps, hydrotherapy, ashibori steambaths, sea salt exfoliation, crio wraps and yoga
- La Maison de Beauté Carita Astoria offers beauty treatments using Rénovateur, Ideal Pro-lift, and Soin Capillaire
About Hotel Astoria, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Hotel Astoria opened in 1913 and has been the venue of choice for novelists, dancers, artists, poets, actors, photographers, presidents and royalty. Outside, it fits perfectly with its surroundings, standing shoulder to shoulder with some of the grandest buildings in the city.
Inside, the hotel has been meticulously designed to reflect the noble history of St Petersburg. Its 169 rooms and suites are the height of urban chic and include luxurious touches such as marble bathrooms. Meanwhile, the Astoria's lounges - the Lichfield Bar and the Rotonda - are sublime spaces reminiscent of a bygone, golden age.
Hotel Astoria occupies an unrivalled setting in St Isaac's Square at the hub of St Petersburg's vibrant city centre. St Isaac's Cathedral stands opposite, and the renowned Hermitage Museum is only a short walk away. This elegant hotel is the perfect base from which to explore the magic and mystery of St. Petersburg.