Why we like it
- Located in the heart of Galle
- Colonial and full of sophisticated charm
- Nearly everything within Galle is only a 10 minute walk from 42 Lighthouse Street
- With only four rooms, this is a great boutique option, or take the whole villa on an exclusive basis
- Meals are a delight and the chef is more than happy to talk through the options with you – we love the breakfasts here
About Taru Villas - 42 Lighthouse
42 Lighthouse Street dates back to the 1800s, built for a Dutch merchant and his wife, the villa has been beautifully restored to its former glory offering a stylish and elegant place to stay. Full of antique furnishings with modern amenities and a superb team of attentive staff. Stay in a superior or deluxe room. Each one individually styled and full of photographs that reflect the rich history that Galle has to offer.
The villa boasts a spacious living room and lounge area the perfect retreat from a day exploring the winding streets of Galle. Dining in the villa is excellent, a hearty breakfast Sri Lankan style or a more conventional continental breakfast is sure to set you up for the day. Lunch and Dinner are offered on an a la carte basis and the chef is more than happy to be guided by you with your personal preferences.