Why we like it
- The hotel offers both the opportunity to relax and enjoy the local beaches, but also to get out and about and explore the nearby National Parks and marine wildlife. Tamarindo is also a great spot for surfing
- The setting is peaceful, cool and calm with warm colours and ocean breezes
- There is a choice of rooms or villas with fully equipped kitchens and private pools. Décor is 'tropically contemporary ' trying to harmonise with the surrounding nature
- The sunsets are memorable and can be savoured with a refreshing cocktail or two
- The hummingbirds and howler monkeys are a welcome reminder of where you are
About Cala Luna
Cala Luna is one of Tamarindo Beach's most stylish properties, offering quiet atmosphere and good service a short distance away from the bustling beach boulevard. The hotel is also next to Langosta Beach, which is a great place to soak in the sun, explore tidal pools and watch the fabulous Guanacaste sunsets. Facilities include poolside bar, Mediterranean restaurant, spacious gardens and yoga classes. Mediterranean-style buildings, topped with terracotta tiles and painted in pastel shades of maize, ochre and peach imbue Cala Luna with a cozy, intimate atmosphere. 45 rooms enjoy beautifully crafted furniture, numerous windows, high ceilings and open spaces, decorated with earthenware jugs in all sizes. Interior doorways, arches and wall sconces (complete with seashells) are framed by artful designs painted directly onto the walls.