Why we like it
- A resort style property set in lush tropical gardens on the beautiful southern coast of Sri Lanka
- Stay in spacious rooms with views of the landscaped gardens
- Explore “The Village” where you can interact with local artisans and craftsmen – from pottery to wood carving
- An eco friendly 18 hole golf course with stunning views – the first resort in Sri Lanka to have its own golf course
- Indulge in spa treatments in the signature CHI Spa
About Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa
Shangri-La Hambantota welcomes you to the beautiful southern coast of Sri Lanka. Nestled on a rugged beach and designed with beautiful tropical landscaped gardens the friendly team will look after your every need. Stay in spacious contemporary styled rooms and suites with our favourite being the premier ocean rooms where you can witness magnificent views of the Indian Ocean. The resort boasts two large outdoor swimming pools perfect for couples and families alike with a dedicated kids and teens club with supervised interactive children’s activities.
Shangri-La Hambantota has an enviable location and when you are ready for an adventure there is a host of excursions and activities available. Take an hours drive and you could be exploring the wonders of the Yala National Park in search of the elusive leopard. Or for a cultural experience discover Bandagiriya Temple, dating back to the second century BC. Back at the resort a visit to The Village is a must, by day learn about the local craftsman’s trades and in the evening enjoy local music and inspiring performances from the Angampora – Sri Lanka’s indigenous martial art.