Why we like it
- Design Hotel with 38 rooms and suites
- Views are of the mountains or of the newly constructed opera house HARPA on the harbour front
- The 101 bar and restaurant is open all day featuring delicious modern Icelandic and international cuisine
- Art adorns the walls throughout
- Each room has Quagliotti linens, Aveda bathroom amenities, BOSE iPod docking system, DVD player and complimentary WiFi
About 101 Hotel
With a commanding presence in the oldest postal code of Reykjavík, the 101 Hotel is right in the centre of this vibrant city; its cultural institutions, shopping district and restaurants, bars and nightlife are all on your doorstep. The 101 Hotel is refined and elegant, with a stylish sense of comfort pervading throughout. Furnished with works by local artists, the 101 Hotel is the first boutique hotel in Iceland and exudes pure Nordic coolness. The heated oak floors, lounge with fireplace and the lively popular bar will keep you warm whilst the excellent service will ensure your stay here is purely about your enjoyment.
The bedrooms are open plan with claw-footed roll-top bath tubs, walk-in showers and marble sinks forming part of your open plan bedroom. Many rooms boast balconies which allow you to sit and enjoy a drink outside in private. Most rooms are suitable for one child, and there is an apartment suite with separate sofa area for two children.