Why we like it
- The rooms have huge windows to let the light, and the view, flood in
- Remota is set in landscapes awash with the heritage and stories of ancient cultures - nomadic hunters such as the 'Onas' and 'Huilliches', fishermen and divers like the 'Yamanas'
- The restaurant serves cuisine based on local, seasonal produce
- A heated swimming pool is located at the spa
- Other facilities include music and movies, talks on Patagonian nature and culture, bonfires, a bar, gift shop, and plenty of quiet spaces to read and relax
About Remota Lodge
Remota brings designer chic and stunning, creative architecture to the rugged landscapes of Patagonia. The building is designed to stand in total harmony with its surroundings and is inspired by the large farmstead buildings of yesteryear. 'Inspired' is the word, because this hotel is far from traditional. Modern design brings together huge windows punctuated by soaring, asymmetric pillars and rich, dark wood - whilst gravel pathways connect the individual buildings.
Inside, the theme continues. Modern furniture and furnishings stand amidst a décor that draws heavily on rustic influences. Polished wood abounds, much of it in its natural, organic state, whilst smooth slate floors are found throughout.
The rooms are all spacious and flooded with light through large windows. All follow the same decorative scheme as the rest of the hotel, with the addition of super-comfortable beds and bright, vibrant colours on the walls. They are wonderful spaces with an elegant, rustic-chic feel.