Why we like it
- Set deep in the heart of the Madikwe Game Reserve
- Eight luxury air-conditioned safari suites, set apart to provide total privacy
- Animals to watch out for include leopard, endangered black rhino and the elusive wild dog
- Exquisite birdlife with 300 recorded different species
- Get closer to nature with ranger-led game walks
About Etali Safari Lodge
Nestled in sweet-thorn acacia trees the eight thatched suites are privately positioned, each with whirlpools set on open decks and with indoor and outdoor showers. Complementing the bush experience, a lavish Wellness Centre offers specialist treatments with qualified therapists. Again set under thatch, there is no better way to relax than to enjoy a 'Warthog Hour' - mud bath, or vitality body wrap, with only the sounds of elephants at the waterhole or weaverbirds tapping on the window to disturb you. If you are feeling more energetic then there is a full gym, swimming pool and then the aroma filled steam room to cleanse the pores. Aside from relaxation and rejuvenation in the wellness centre, Etali can offer thrilling experiences in the bush. Sunrise and sunset game drives are led by expert guides. Creative cuisine fuses the influences of Africa and Asia and telescopes are on hand to make the most of the African night sky.