Why we like it
- Located in the heart of the Okavango Delta
- This small, intimate bush camp combines an authentic feel with elegant and luxurious interiors
- Relax in the pool, with wonderful views over the Khwai river
- Discover the beauty of the Okavango Delta via game drives, walking safaris and by mokoro boat (depending on water levels)
- Children of all ages are welcome
About Machaba Camp
Situated in the game-rich Khwai area, on the eastern tongue of the Okavango Delta, Machaba Camp has been designed in a classic 1950s style. Its luxury safari tents, featuring en-suite bathrooms and living areas, sit close to the tree-lined banks of the Khwai River. Stunning views over the famous Moremi Game Reserve are offered in abundance.
Relax on your private veranda and watch the daily parade of wildlife as animals come down to the water’s edge to drink. If you’d prefer to venture out into the wild plains, game drives and walking safaris set off from the camp on a regular basis.
The camp’s homely and freshly prepared cuisine features a unique, African flair. Most meals are enjoyed outside, but if the weather turns a little cooler, the candle-lit dining room is the perfect alternative.
Machaba Camp is perfect for a first-time safari holiday, but the experienced safari traveller will be in good hands too.