Why we like it
- Xigera Camp is located deep within the Okavango Delta surrounded by water and lush vegetation
- Xigera has 10 luxury tented rooms on raised wooded platforms
- Activities available are mokoro trips, motor boats, seasonal fishing and game drives
- Excellent area for birding
- Xigera Camp is the perfect choice of camp for birdwatchers and guests wanting to experience a true water experience in the Okavango Delta
About Xigera Camp
Xigera Camp (pronounced Keejera) is located on a riverine island right in the heart of the Okavango Delta it is a true wetland paradise, surrounded by deep channels and lush vegetation. The 10 luxury tented rooms are a mix of canvas and wood all are en-suite with an outdoor shower. All the rooms are linked together on a raised deck to the main area that is open plan and consists of a dining area, lounge area looking onto a star deck with a campfire that has stunning views over the floodplains. The camp also has a plunge pool.
Birdlife in this area is excellent year round water birds are seen in large numbers including Rufous-bellied Heron and the secretive White-backed Night-Heron. A displaying African Goshawk can often be seen in the morning. There is the presence of lion, leopard, hyaena and buffalo in this area. One of the great secrets of Xigera Camp is the Okavango-born tribesmen as guides. Some of these men were born a stone's throw from the present location of the camp and know every turn and tree making for an incredible safari experience.