Why we like it
- Rooms and suites are beautifully converted, retaining the unique character of the original Byzantine era rural mansion
- Tucked away at the most south eastern tip of the Peloponnese, this stunning boutique hotel is only a short drive from the Medieval castle-city of Monemvasia
- The Kinsterna Spa, located in the heart of the old mansion, is a truly wonderful, and includes Hammam, temperature controlled whirlpool, wet and dry treatment rooms, razul and water paradise cabins
- A remarkable river-like swimming pool with private relaxation areas and endless sea view is fed by a natural spring, which rises beneath the hotel
- A&K recommends walking around the fairytale setting of historic Monemvasia with its medieval fortress and town walls
About Kinsterna Hotel
Tucked away in the folds of the lush hillside, with privileged views of the Medieval Castle's Rock of Monemvasia, and the endless blue of the Aegean Sea, Kinsterna a restored Byzantine-era rural mansion offering 35 unique rooms, atmospheric suites and residences that blend magically into the surrounding vineyards, timeless olive groves, imposing eucalyptuses and the lofty cypresses, all within an estate of 15 acres. Guest rooms boast private verandas with the Byzantine Suites having vaulted ceilings and Junior suites with Aegean Sea views.
Sit by the Byzantine cistern with a glass of wine in hand from the local privately owned vineyards, then dine on delectable local products and ingredients cultivated in the estate. Lie by the impressive river-like pool with private relaxation areas, amidst the fragrant orange trees. The Kinsterna Spa with its purifying hamman, razul, and water paradise cabins will relax and cleanse.
Cuisine at Kinsterna is home grown with extra virgin olive oil, citrus and vegetables as well as homemade bread. The house wine is delicious, produced by the age-old Malvasia grape in the hotels own private vineyard.
Take a quick drive to the fairytale setting of historic Monemvasia, with its medieval fortress and town walls. Explore the north and within a 45 minute drive you stumble upon the small hidden Port of Gerakas. Once a favourite with pirates now it is home to some of the best seafood in the world. Take a trip to the Island of Elafonisos with its waterfront tavernas and picture perfect beaches of Sarakiniko and Simos.