Why we like it
- Rooms and suites with private patios, terraces and pools are available
- A short drive east of Mérida, this beautifully restored hacienda has a truly exclusive feel
- Excellent regional and international cuisine is served on the colourful colonnaded terrace of the hacienda's old factory buildings
- Spa facilities are available
- The hacienda has a lovely palm fringed swimming pool
About Hacienda San Jose
With 15 delightfully decorated and spacious guest rooms and authentic Maya Villas, the Hacienda San Jose is a wonderful oasis of calm comfort set amongst lush tropical gardens.
Almost all the guest rooms form part of the fully restored original hacienda buildings. Their high ceilings and unique décor evoke the splendor of past eras - the restoration project having carefully retained the building's unique architectural personality by making superb use of the hacienda's original features.
Most of the guest rooms feature 18-foot ceilings with exposed beams and rafters, 10-foot wooden double doors, beautiful wooden beds, dark, tropical hardwood cabinets, and cool tile floors. Additionally, large, bulbous pegs in the stone walls hold the woven cotton hammocks for which Yucatán is famous.
The hotel is an ideal base from which to visit to the fascinating archaeological site of Chichen Itza.