Why we like it
- All rooms have private outdoor spaces
- The Hacienda Uayamon is set in the heart of the Yucatán Peninsula
- The Uayamon Restaurant serves delicious Yucatecan cuisine in an intimate setting - the rustic home-baked bread is particularly good
- The hotel offers spa facilities and massage treatments
- Other facilities include the Uayamon Bar, a lounge, gift shop and bicycle rental
About Hacienda Uayamon
Wonderfully atmospheric, the Hacienda Uayamon was originally built in 1700 on the site of a ruined Mayan pyramid, and has been lovingly restored to create superb accommodation in the heart of the Yucatán Peninsula. The restoration brings together the contemporary and the traditional - great care has been taken to preserve and showcase the Hacienda's original features.
The suites are located in the original hospital building and the guestrooms in restored colonial-style casita houses dotted throughout the manicured grounds. Designed by Indonesian architect, Jaya Ibrahim, all are lovely, intimate spaces packed with authentic design touches, like the large, bulbous pegs set in the walls to hold the woven cotton hammocks for which Yucatan is famous.
Overall, the room décor creates an ambience that recalls the colonial era, marrying Spanish style architecture with classic furnishings and gentle colours.