Why we like it
- Mediterranean style retreat in blissful surroundings
- Close to cosmopolitan San Diego with its many attractions
- The exclusive Tom Fazio designed championship golf course really makes the most of the natural beauty and local climate
- Within easy reach of southern California’s miles of stunning beaches
- Adults will be happy as children are entertained through a multitude of indoor and outdoor activities
About Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Fairmont Grand Del Mar Resort combines Spanish architectural influences with Italian design, all under a seemingly ever present Californian sun. It should perhaps look a little out of place - but it doesn’t. The opulent guest rooms and suites all feature marble bathrooms, goose down pillows and luxurious bath robes. We love the veranda rooms for the outdoor space and views over the resort that they offer. The award winning spa, championship golf course and a host of on-site activities will mean that not leaving the resort during your stay is a real possibility. But venture out you must, if only a short distance to Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve where 37 miles of trails can be explore on foot, by bike or on horseback.
If you venture a little further to one of the area’s many great beaches, why not take advantage of the resort’s beach service which offers complimentary transportation, towels, water and shade. The desirable towns of Del Mar and La Jolla are well worth a look, the latter also offering kayak tours around its marine reserve where seals and sea lions can be seen together. San Diego with its many and varied attractions is a mere 20 miles away in the unlikely event that you do want for more – we suspect you won’t.