Why we like it
- Built in 1909 and restored to present modern day standards in 2002
- Amara Mountain Resort Kalaw was the hill station town's colonial residence
- Unobstructed views of the mesmerising Shan Mountain Range
- A colonial Mountain Resort experience
- Spacious and colourful bedrooms with Burmese flair
About Amara Mountain Resort
The Amara Mountain Resort has a stunning location in a shady and quiet corner of Kalaw, close to the town centre and Heho Airport which is just 30 kilometres away. The hotel is private and homely with warm and welcoming staff. Rooms are bright, airy and spacious. Red curtains contrast nicely against the soft white linen, bed sheets and walls. Smooth wooden floors give out a natural and soothing aura. The in-room fireplace is more than just decorative; it is needed to keep guests warm during the chilly evenings and nights. Amara Mountain Resort Kalaw is an incredible place to explore the mountains and be in comfort up in the cool mountains of Myanmar.