Why we like it
- Authentic Burmese experience in the peaceful town of Hsipaw
- Northern Shan State offers some of the country’s best trekking
- Just 20 air-conditioned rooms overlook the Dokhtawady River
- The resort restaurant serves a selection of international and regional dishes
- An abundance of cycling and trekking activities to suit all abilities
About Amata Hsipaw Resort
Located in the Northern Shan State - a region renowned for its trekking routes – is Amata Hsipaw Resort, a charming and authentic Burmese property on the eastern bank of the Dokhtawady River. Keeping things simple, Amata Riverside Resort is an opportunity to break away from the well-trodden tourist trails and encounter new cultures and traditions, as well as some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
Ten duplex bungalows house 20 en suite rooms, each with double or twin beds, air-conditioning and a private veranda with a view towards the river. The restaurant serves a variety of international cuisines, including Shan, Burmese and Western, and the separate bar is perfect for sundowners after a day of trekking. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in public areas. The resort’s activities, such as the Shan Village walking tour, allow you to explore the town’s laid back way of life and interesting history.