Why we like it
- The only way to discover the real Myanmar
- 21 beautiful suites, including the impressive Owner's Suite, all with a private balcony
- A spacious and gracious vessel spread across four decks
- Facilities include a plunge pool and Thambyadine spa
- The restaurant offers authentic and international dishes, and has a comprehensive wine cellar
About Sanctuary Ananda
Named after the beautiful Ananda Temple in Bagan, Ananda also translates in Sanskrit as 'extreme happiness' - one of the highest states of being. Step aboard the beautiful Sanctuary Ananda and be transported into a world of luxury and comfort with all modern amenities expected and welcomed by staff who are gracious and warming. Sanctuary Ananda will take you on the most incredible journey through this fascinating country, experience the serenity and beauty of life on the river. She was custom built for the Myanmar rivers by local shipbuilders using age-old knowledge and traditional materials while incorporating the most modern technology. She has a shallow draft so that she can navigate both the Upper and Lower Ayeyarwady and Chindwin Rivers. The design of the ship is elegant and contemporary with a fusion of the traditional Burmese handicrafts with local fabrics, wood and lacquerware adorn each suite. Sanctuary Ananda sails every day on each itinerary, offering plenty of time to combine the 'must see sights' with smaller villages to meet the indigenous peoples and see local crafts being made first hand. From spectacular temples, beautiful monasteries and ancient archaeological sites to the varied landscapes, Myanmar is a country just waiting to be discovered.