Why we like it
- A hidden gem in the majestic San Luis Valley
- Experience life on an authentic working cattle and bison ranch complete with a herd of nearly 2,500 wild
- Learn how to be a modern day cowboy or cowgirl with real hands on experience
- Activities include walking, horse riding - for all abilities and ages, bird watching and white water rafting down the Arkansas River for the more adventurous
- Enjoy home cooked style meals with sumptuous desserts prepared by chef Robert Douglas
About Zapata Ranch
Ever dreamt of being a true cowboy or cowgirl? Welcome to Zapata a 103,000 acre ranch where you can work alongside real wranglers and cowboys and learn about their daily life. A million miles away from the hustle of the city, be surrounded by true wilderness with breath-taking views of the Great Sand Dunes National Park. The lodge which is home to the main living and dining areas is the original ranch homestead built in the 1800's.
Your accommodation is rustic-chic, with south-western décor with three unique places to stay, The Lodge with five rooms, The Bunkhouse again with five rooms and The Stewart House which can offer exclusive use complete with communal kitchen and living space to enjoy. With a maximum of 30 guests on the ranch at any time, you can be sure to receive a personal experience. The team of staff here are knowledgeable and friendly, ensuring that you make the most of your time in this incredible place.